Wednesday, September 14, 2011

I'm going to just dance my way out of this bad romance with this washed up pop star, for the love of Judas.

I have a confession to make: I'm over Lady Gaga.
I'm really over her.  I know I'm serious about this because I'm not even going to handle being over her as I have in past scenarios; claiming I'm done with it to all of my friends, posting Facebook statuses about my new great outlook, and then calling the aforementioned situation some 46 times repeatedly after a few too many drinks.  I'm not even over it in the sense that I say I'm done with and over it, and then wind up being found sitting in the corner of the shower drinking out of a bottle of Berringer's through a straw screaming Alanis Morrissette lyrics at the top of my lungs (you oughta know, for the record, that wasn't one of my proudest moments). 

If you know anything about me, it's that I have an unrivaled affection and belief in pop culture, and most importantly, pop icons.  I once had hopes that GaGa would be able to fall into the same category as the likes of Cher and Britney (duh, of course Britney).

When GaGa first came onto the music scene, she was a great performer with an eccentric look.  Aside from her penchant for bedazzled leotards with shoulder pads, she was someone the general public could relate to, even in a small capacity.  Here she was, performing fresh pop/dance music songs in fun, different outfits.  Essentially, she was someone who was performing her mainstream music but putting her own look into it, which proved she was the ultimate proponent of expressing one's own individuality.

Lately, she's fallen off the deep end.

Hear my take on it here, and be sure to follow me on Twitter: @EngelBitch
http://soundcloud.com/engelbitch/is-gaga-over

No comments:

Post a Comment